Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8, 2011

While I am waiting for my editor to get back to me with my edits for my latest story I thought I'd share with you a recipe for cookies I made earlier today

Chocolate Surprise Cookies:

¾ cups (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened

1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 ½ tsp vanilla extract

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour

1/8 tsp cinnamon

25 solid chocolate candies

1 ½ tbs confectioners sugar

¾ tsp unsweetened coca powder

1- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Combine flour and cinnamon in another medium bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well.


2- Shape the dough into twenty-five 1-inch balls. Flatten each ball into a 2-inch round. Place the rounds. 1 inch apart on 2 ungreased baking sheets. Place 1 chocolate candy in the center of each round. Enclose the candy with the dough, making sure the candy is completely sealed in the dough. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.

3- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and cocoa in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot cookies. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment