Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Snog- Catch of the Day

 
Time for my very first sunday snog



Catch of the Day
Synopsis: 
Kellan Murphy is a successful car dealer in Chicago, but he isn't happy with his life. He finds his job boring and wants a change. After the sudden death of his lover he decides to move someplace warm. He sees an ad for the Florida Keys in a magazine and packs everything and moves to the Keys.

Kellan starts his new life as a fisherman and tour guide. He has his own home and boat, but the one thing missing is someone to share his life with. On a rare day off he decides to go fishing and what he finds at the end of his fishing line changes his life forever.

Excerpt:
“Let me show you how to navigate.”  Kellan pressed his body against Jaran’s and placed his hand on the merman’s and, together, they guided the boat through the waterway. Kellan kept a sharp eye out for rocks and manatees.
“You have to become one with the boat,” Kellan whispered in Jaran’s ear. Jaran closed his eyes and let his mind and body relax.  He could feel the movements of the boat, the seagulls calling out and the smell and feel of the man behind him.
His body responded to it all, especially the latter.  His ass rubbed against Kellan’s crotch and he could feel the bulge getting larger.  Kellan was pressing against him.
“Shit!”  Kellan cried out.
Jaran’s eyes flew open and he was pushed aside, his legs hit the ice chest they kept in the cabin and he landed on his ass.
“What the hell?” he quickly scrambled to his feet and saw the look of concern on Kellan’s face.  They had drifted too close to the jetty.
Jaran watched as Kellan steered them away from a near disaster. When they were out of the canal and in open water again, Kellan put his head down on his arms that hung loosely against the wheel.
“Damn it!” He berated himself,  “I shouldn’t have become distracted like that, I almost crashed the boat.”
“I’m sorry, it was my fault.  I was the reason you weren’t paying attention to where we were going.  You could have lost your boat, I know how important it is to you.”
“Screw the boat,” Kellan wrapped his arms around Jaran.  “I could’ve lost you.”
Jaran was stunned by the sudden admission of Kellan’s feelings for him, but he didn’t have time to dwell on them because he found his head was being held between two large calloused hands and his lips were locked in a kiss that made his insides turn to mush.
Jaran broke the kiss,” Wait…” he shook his head,  “What?”
“Did you hit your head when you fell?”
“No, but I thought you said you wanted to take things slow.”
“I did, I mean I do, just want to make sure you know I care about you.”  Kellan softly kissed his lips again. “That I’m very interested in you.”
“I’m interested in you too.” They kissed some more until the cries of dozens of gulls caught their attention.
“Looks like they’re making a fuss over something, let’s take a closer look.” Kellan said as he fired up the boat and they went to check things out.
They came across a seal that had been tangled in a fishing net.  The seal was struggling for air.
“I gotta save her.”
Kellan watched Jaran put the ring on and dove off the stern of the boat and into the waves.
Jaran struggled to free the seal as the animal thrashed about.
“He’ll hurt himself if he doesn’t quiet down.”
“I’ll tell her,” Jaran corrected him as he held the seal’s head above water and whispered something in her ear.
“Kellan,” he grunted, “Help me.”
Kellan quickly weighted anchor, grabbed some wire cutters, took his shoes off and joined the merman.
His head broke the surface and he swam over to Jaran.
They glanced at each other they worked quietly as Kellan cut the netting away from the seal’s body and Jaran tried to keep her calm.
The minute she was free she took off like a shot.  Her streamline body smoothly cut through the water.
“We did it!”  Kellan cried.
“Yeah, we sure did.”   Jaran cried out in joy.
They heard a seal bark and a dark body pushed between them.  The seal touched noses with both men and looked at Jaran. 
“I know I’ve been away a while.”
Kellan watched the exchange between Jaran and the seal with interest. “I met someone, Kara.”
Kellan could feel the seal’s eyes on him, she dived beneath the waves and he could feel her body brush against his.
“Relax, she’s just checking you out.” Jaran’s eyes rolled.
It felt like he was meeting Jaran’s family, maybe in a way he was.
Kara resurfaced and touched Kellan’s nose again, Jaran made the introductions.
“Is it okay if I touch her?”
Kellan slowly ran his hand over her head and neck. Kara looked at him again, barked something to Jaran and disappeared
“What was that all about?”
“Kara is the leader of the seal people, she and Lydia are close friends. I think she thinks of me like a son or something. She said she approves of my choice of mate and that we better plan to visit her more often.”
“Mate, huh?” Kellan wrapped his arm around Jaran’s neck and they kissed. “I kinda like the sound of that.”
“Are we still going slow?”
“Yeah, but maybe we can kind of push things up a notch.  I don’t know if it’s the merman thing or the sea air, but all I know is I want you, Jaran.”
Jaran looked at the hopeful expression in Kellan’s eyes.
“I want you, too.” Their lips and tongues met and their bodies pressed together.
“Uh, not here, I want to see you, all of you, Jaran. I want to make love to you.”
“Okay,” Jaran had trouble catching his breath.
“I know a private cove were we can anchor, nobody will bother us.”
Jaran smiled, “Well, what are we waiting for, let’s go.”

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliantly unusual first snog, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I've read so many little bits and pieces of this book, it's going onto my TBR list. Thanks for the snog :D

    ReplyDelete