Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Welcome guest author Sondrae Bennett


 I am honored to welcome guest author Sondrae Bennett to my blog today.  Let's find out more about her and check out her book "Worth Fighting For: All's Fair In Love and War." 

1-How long have you been writing?
Well, I’ve always loved to write, especially fiction, but it wasn’t until a few years ago that I ever considered making it more than a hobby. The idea never entered my head until I started writing more frequently while unemployed for a few months. Then, once the idea took hold, I wondered why I hadn’t considered it earlier. I’ve always been an avid reader, and I loved to tell stories. So I decided to try and write professionally and never looked back. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

2-What is your favorite genre to write?
As both a reader and a writer, romance is my favorite genre. Pairing people up and watching them fall in love is such an amazing feeling. It’s like falling in love myself over and over again as I go through the ups and downs with my characters. Although, I also love to read urban fantasy and have a few ideas for an UF series.  I’m looking forward to writing it once the idea has fully matured.

3-What are you working on now?
Right now I’m in edits for the fifth book in the Alpine Woods Shifter series, Cover Desires, which will be coming out the third week in December, and I’m also working on writing Kalindra, which is my contribution to a collaborative series I’m working on with Renee Rocco, Silke Juppenlatz, and Annie Nicholas. It’s going to be a really fun series, so look for the first Gatekeeper book early 2013!

4-When you start a new story do you begin with character or plot?
Usually a little bit of both. The story needs a little bit of plot to get it going, but my characters also need to be well rounded from the beginning to get emotional depth. Especially when writing novella length stories, both the characters and the plot need to hit the ground running, so to speak.

5- Tell us about your latest/upcoming release, what inspired it?
Worth Fighting For, the fourth book in the Alpine Woods Shifter series, just came out this past May, and this story really holds a special place in my heart. Although this book is the fourth in the series, all of them can be read as standalones, although I always recommend reading them in order. The hero was first introduced in the first book, and as soon as I wrote him, I knew he needed his own story. It took me a few books, but I finally found him a heroine worthy of him in Misty, and boy was she a hoot to write! Together, the sparks definitely started to fly.

Here’s the blurb:
All’s fair in love and war.

As leader of a fox skulk, Cody is used to feeling protective. But when his best friend, Misty, gets attacked, his panic has nothing to do with duty. Suddenly, he’s noticing Misty as a woman instead of the girl he grew up with. But pursuing those feelings would risk their friendship, something he's unwilling to do.

Misty's tried everything, without success, to convince Cody she's not "one of the guys". Yet now that he's looking at her like she always dreamed, he pulls away every time she gets close.

Danger lurks in the background, waiting to pounce. Someone plots against the foxes, leaving them all in jeopardy…especially Misty. Will Cody overcome his fears in time to save the woman he loves?

Excerpt:
The first thing Cody heard when he approached Misty's front door was laughter. The kind of laughter that came straight from the gut, borne of pure joy. A sound he'd come to associate with Misty. He smiled as he opened the door and strode into her living room.

The text he'd received earlier had said to come right in, but his confident steps faltered as he saw the cause of her giggles. Misty in human form, sat on the floor with a beaver puppet, playing with a fox. The kit's eyes were open, but he still possessed his black baby fluff. It couldn't be older than a couple weeks.

"What is that?"

Apparently unaware of his presence until he spoke, she jumped at the sound of his voice.
"Oh, hi Cody." She looked at her wrist as if expecting a watch to be there. Why she did that when he could count the times she'd worn a watch in the past two years on one hand, he'd never understand. "Is it time for training already? I'm not dressed, yet."

Cody looked down at her clothes. Skin tight jeans that looked way too appealing and a black t-shirt with the words Foxy Lady spelled in big pink letters across her breasts. Perky breasts that would fill his hands perfectly.

Way too tempting. Those clothes had to go. Wait. He mentally back-pedaled, rephrasing his last thought. She had to change into different clothes, more clothes. Some nice baggy sweats would be perfect. Something to hide her figure. And tennis shoes, he thought as he watched her bare toes curl into the carpet, the bubble gum pink polish peeking out from under her jeans.

Cody shook his head and refocused on the problem at hand. "You can change in a minute. What is that?" he asked again, pointing to the animal at her feet.

"What's what?"

She looked down, as if unaware anything abnormal was going on. Apparently in Misty's world, playing with a fox on the living room floor was business as usual.

"That's a fox. You know, one would think the Premier of fox shifters would know that."

The teasing tone almost brought a smile to his face, but his curiosity wouldn't let the subject go. "I know it's a fox. What is it doing in your living room?"

"I adopted it," she said.

"Adopted it?" Cody looked down at the animal again. There was no humanity in its scent, but the boy was still a baby. He hadn't been around enough newborns to know the difference between a shifter baby and a fox baby. "It's a shifter, then?" He hadn't realized Misty was considering adoption. But the more he thought about it, the more he realized Misty would be a great mom.

"No, it's a fox." She spoke slowly as if to a simpleton. "I feel like we've been here already."


BIO:
I love romance. I love reading romance, living romance (who doesn't), but I especially love writing romance. There's no greater feeling than watching my characters come alive in each other's arms. Most of all, I love giving my characters the happily ever afters they deserve, with a little necessary drama first.
One of my favorite things is picking up a new book and sinking into the story, immersing myself in the emotions between the characters. I hope someday to inspire readers the same way my favorite authors have inspired me.
When not writing, I can usually be found curled up on the couch with a good book, taking my dogs for walks, or spending time with my family.
It always makes my day to hear from my readers.

http://www.amazon.com/Worth-Fighting-Alpine-Shifters-ebook/dp/B0080E4P68/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1336161862&sr=8-13

1 comment: