Saturday, October 20, 2012

Featured Book

I thought I'd feature my very first book I'd ever got published "The Finest Thing."  They say you never forget your first.

 Available from Dreamspinner Press
Buy Link

This scene is from the wedding reception.  you know sometimes it's a great place to meet that special someone.  Let's fine out how Aidan and Paul do.


"You again?" Aidan looked right into the blue eyes of the stranger he had run into on his walk earlier. "are you following me?" he joked.

"I should be asking you that same question. I'm here for my cousin's wedding."


"Your cousin?"

"Yeah, Peter. Do you know him?"

"I'm friends with both him and Elliott.  I've known them for a long time."

"I'm Paul. You haven't told me your name."  Paul smiled at him.

"Aidan," he held out his hand and Paul shook it.  "Aidan Mason."

"Aidan. That's an unusual name."

"It's an Irish name; my parents are from there. They immigrated here during the late sixties."

"Irish, huh? I should have known with all those freckles on your face and the red hair." Paul smiled at him again,  causing Aidan's stomach to do a couple of flips.

"So why is it that this is the first time I'm meeting you?" Aidan asked him.

"I was away at school at Oxford. I'm one of those Rhode scholars.   I liked England so much that I decided to settle down there. I moved back to Connecticut four years ago to start my practice."

"Your practice?" Aidan inquired.

"Hi, guys. I see you two have finally met," Peter interrupted.  "I was coming over to see how you were doing."

"Hey, honey, I was wondering where you got off to,"  Elliott said, walking over and putting his arm around his new husband.  "So you finally introduced them."

Peter slapped his spouse on the arm.  "Shh," he said, shaking his head.

"Wait a minute. Were you trying to set us up?" Paul asked his cousin.

"Please don't get mad. We just thought since you're single and Aidan's single that maybe you two should meet."

"You thought you'd play matchmaker." Embarrassed, he turned to Aidan.  "I'm sorry, Aidan. I didn't know that this wedding was going to be another excuse for my cousin to meddle."

"It's okay. No harm done."

"Hey, from the looks of things it seems you two didn't need our help after all." Elliott waggled his eyebrows suggestively at them.




No comments:

Post a Comment