Monday, November 12, 2012

Next Big Thing: Find out what my next book is

Here is my latest release from Silver publishing.  I thought I'd give you a little peek into the inner workings of me,  author Lily Sawyer  (to order please click on the book cover on the right hand side)

The Next Big Thing

1- What is your working title of your book?

"From the Depths."

2-Where did the idea come from for the book?
Silver publishing had a submission request called a different kind of love.    It involved characters who have physical or mental challenges.   My story deals with something very personal to me, depression.

3-What genre does your book fall under?
it's a m/m contemporary story.

4- Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

There are two TV actors who I think would do a great job.  Stephen Amell (he plays the Green Arrow on "Arrow" )  and Josh Dallas (he plays Prince Charming on "Once Upon a Time.")

5- What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Can someone struggling with depression find a way to be happy?

6- Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
This book is published by Silver Publishing (all of my books are published by wonderful publishers)

7- How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It took about a month to get this story together,  this had to be one of the hardest books to write because I put alot of my own feelings and some events into the story.

8-What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

"Falling into Place" by Tia Fielding (available at Dreamspinner Press)

9- Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I was inspired by my desire to address what can happen within the mind of a person with depression.  I want people to have a better understanding of what self image is like for someone with depression.

10-What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

My main character is able to find someone who loves him warts and all.

Fellow authors I've tagged
Julie Hayes
http://julielynnhayes.blogspot.com/

M.A. Church
http://machurch00.blogspot.com/?zx=5be76e520c5f8447







No comments:

Post a Comment